So here's my plan for distribution:
- Use CreateSpace for printing and 'real-world' softcover distribution throughout the world
- Buy some of the books and sell them via this blog, this way I can avoid withholding taxes to the US government. Also, I think I can get the book to fit with Canada Post Lettermail so the postage won't be too high.
- I will use Amazon to sell the book to Kindle users
- I will use Kobo to sell to Indigo/Chapters Kobo and international Kobo users
- I will use Smashwords to sell to everyone else in the e-book universe.
- I will sell .pdf and .epub myself to try to keep royalty cuts to a minimum.
Once the distribution is all in place, then I can start the promotion of the book.
Also, I learned that while I do have the rights to the image on my cover art for promotion uses, I can't use the image on an item I will be selling. Therefore I need a new cover and will likely go with one of Create Space's standard covers since I don't feel like going out and getting a photo made that I'm sure will not violate someone's copyright.
Wow, am I ever learning a lot.