Sold! to #53!
Well, if you follow my blog you'll know that I'm getting my new house today. One of my problems is that I don't have enough furnishings to fill it. Seriously, I don't believe in clutter so I don't own a lot of stuff. I think I'm probably half-way to being a full fledged minimalist.
This lack of furnishings poses a problem though since the new house has more rooms. I actually need some things to be able to use all of the rooms. Also, there's the whole problem of the yard and household maintenance items.
I need stuff for gardening, repairs and maintenance, etc. Some of my tools are still at my ex-wife's garage and I can move them over but I do need things like shovels, weed trimmers, lawn mower, etc.
And you know... I'm very thrifty. I don't like to spend money.
This week I've been going to some of the regular auctions here in town.
On Tuesday, I went to one auction and got the following bargains:
1. Electric lawn mower.. works great, needed to have the blade sharpened. $27.50.
2. Camera tripod.. like new. This will come in handy for filming YouTube videos. $5
3. Plush rocking horse.. like new. This will be my Xmas shopping for my 2 year old niece. $12
Sunday I went to another estate auction and got a few other items:
1. Set of three white boards (for the new office or opportunity lab) $10.
2. Digital picture frame. $5.
3. Awesome blue armchair for reading! This will 'make' the new living room. $10.
I do love a deal.. I'll be hitting the garage sales next week with the kids because my son will need a dresser and my daughter needs a bed.